This is my first real post, so why not highlight Mark Zuckerberg
"Remind me who Mark Zuckerberg is" the fellow behind me just asked. No, seriously, there are people who use Facebook everyday and care very little about the man behind it. That is why I had to make this list.
Top 10 things you most probably don’t know about Mark Elliot Zuckerberg:
10. Mark noted the notable thing he learnt in psychology in harvard was how little we understand about how the mind works.
"I think our understanding of the brain is like if you opened up a computer and were like ‘Oh when you type in this command this part gets warm’ "-Mark
9. Hes Jewish. Okay maybe this isn’t that much a shocker but the fact that he had a star wars themed Bar-Mitzvah humors me.
8. Hes socially awkward. “Is that a question?”, If you listen to the 60 minutes interview (below) they talk about how socially awkward Mark is and how lines from “The Social Network” were taken directly from a prior 60 minutes interview.
7. He still has had the same chinese girlfriend, Pricilla Chan, from before he made “theFacebook”.
When asked about “The Social Network” he notes the motives for Mark’s character in the movie did not reflect reality.
"The whole way the movie starts is, im with this girl, who doesn’t exist in real life… who… dumps me, which does happen in real life. alot. and they build it as if the whole reason for wanting to make Facebook and build something was I wanted to get girls - or I wanted to get into some social institution. The reality for people who know me is I’ve actually been dating the same girl from before Facebook….
They cant wrap their head around the idea that someone might build something because they like building things” -Mark
6. “The West Wing” used to be another ‘Interest’ Mark had on Facebook. Interestingly it no longer is. ”the West Wing” and “The Social Network” where both written by Aaron Sorkin.
5. Mark actually vowed not to see “The Social Network”. Not only did he end up seeing it, but he rented out theaters to take the entire company to it.
"I think I owned every single T-shirt they had me wearing" -Mark
4. Mark rents a house close to his offices in Palo Alto. …Mark is worth over 6.9 billion dollars. His lifestyle seems to follow his theme of “Eliminating Desire”, which is one of Mark’s interests he put on facebook.
3. when Interviewed at the Crunchies they asked Mark the last question they asked Mark was, ‘iPhone or nexus one (android)?’
"blackberry" - Mark
2. Mark didn’t want to build a company.
"I didn’t wan’t to build a company. I actually, explicitly, did not want to build a company…and thats why early on where most people would probably launch at schools where they thought it would have the largest chance of working, what I did was I launched it at the schools I thought would have the lowest chance of working *giggles* Right?" - Mark
1. Mark is red/green colorblind. Time magazine states that this is the reason behind Facebook’s color scheme.
"Blue is the richest color for me. I can see all of blue," -Mark.
One question still remains, does Mark have the “I’m the CEO bitch” business cards?
Great 60 minutes with Mark - New Profiles